Sunday, May 30, 2010

busy with preparations

The market orientations kept me busy last week and I have a lot of good news to report. After meeting the staff at Whole Foods and the other Wednesday vendors, I'm more excited than ever to start up there on June 16th. Alas, it's still 2 weeks out. Here are some things I learned about Wednesdays:
  • Whole Foods will accept all market-generated compost (so don't feel bad about the crepe plates stacking up)
  • Whole Foods receipts now include a market ad at the bottom
  • There will be lots of giveaways on opening day
About Sundays:
  • I'm going to get a killer location right next to the music
About both markets:
  • There is a token system for debit card use--there is a $2 fee that goes to supporting the card machine for food stamp cards as well.
  • My good friend Katelan (also a cyclist) is going to help at the booth, alternating with Katrina (logo master).

No comments:

Post a Comment