Monday, June 14, 2010

weekend wrapup: fun in the sun, and a gluten-free crêpe


Beautiful photos du jour, care of my lovely cousin, Heather Cooper Photography

Katrina and I had an incredible day at the Sunday market! The streets were crowded and hungry crêpe-fans kept us busy from the opening bell at 10am. We heard lots of Paris stories--which I love!! Takes me back to the days of my exchange trip to France when I madly rushed around Paris with 20 other 17-year old girls for 4 days. Think "Madeleine" except instead of nuns, we were under the tutelage of a chic and savvy 20-something with boundless energy. I've never walked so much or seen so much as a tourist anywhere else. After those Paris days, I spent a month in Brittany eating, seeing such places as Mt. St. Michel, and getting my velum into shape by speaking French as much as possible. My host parents were fantastic cooks, and I remember eating a seafood galette (a savory crepe, made with buckwheat flour)--which leads me to my next subject:

Your suggestions were wonderful and I have taken note: expand menu to include savory crepes and gluten-free crepes. I'll be honest, the g-f crowd has been more numerous than the savory folks. They even tease with such visions as, "All the gluten-free folks will come from miles away if you have them." The people I have known on a g-f diet have felt fantastic, although a bit stressed when they see wonderful foods made with wheat flours. I am a new cart and still having lots of fun changing my menu around, so I promise to offer this up within a month. I'll need some time to make up a recipe.

A nod to the savory crowd: I have the galette recipe (mwahahaha), so as soon as I can arrange bringing more ingredients (ham, cheese, etc) into the cart, it shall be brought.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Wednesday @ Tanasbourne is starting this week at Whole Foods 4-7pm. We will be giving out 2 free crêpes! Your certificate will be in the form of an eiffel tower plate. Enter to win at the Information booth on site.

No comments:

Post a Comment