Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yelpers are so funny

As a crepe restauranteur, I get a kick out of reading reviews for other creperies. These creperies may be from Portland, San Francisco, Vancouver, New York--and they all have quite a following on Yelp (foodie review website extraordinaire). Yelpers pride themselves in being creative and blatantly honest in their reviews. Here are some choice quotes I found today:

"The guys are so talented at making these things.... I sat there staring and talking to these guys as they made it look so easy. If I was pouring the batter on the circular grill and using that little spatula thing to spread the batter, I would end up making a crepe salad or something with bits and pieces of crepe batter rather than the perfect cone shaped concoction they happily serve. "

". . .a tip on how to eat a giant crepe like a lady (and by that i mean without spilling its contents everywhere): i know it's already folded in half... but fold it in half again! fits better in the mouth this way."

"Finally - even if you're a crazy person, a crazy person who doesn't like crepes, you really owe it to yourself to indulge in a bit of masochism and make a pilgrimage to [creperie name]."

"
Do you have the same problem that I do? Your boyfriend NEVER wants dessert?"

"Now, when people tell me that food is an aphrodisiac, I can say, "I know, I've been to [creperie name]."

"The line was sooooooo longgg!!!!! But the thought of bananas and nutella melting in my mouth helped me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment