Saturday, August 7, 2010

New crêpe: sacrebleu!




Not sure if anyone but me will be excited about the new forks tomorrow. They're actually sturdy AND compostable! They claim to biodegrade in 4-6 months and are made from gmo-free cornstarch resin. They are a bit more expensive, but I'm trying them out. If you think they're worth it, let me know!


Today I biked to Sara's Blueberries with my neighbor pulling her loyal dachshund along in a bike trailer (we needed the trailer to get more blueberries and the dachsy was a side effect). What a great little farm tucked away in the trees! I've been eating blueberries all day, so I'm rolling out a new crepe tomorrow called the "Sacrebleu". It's a sweet crepe with marionberry sauce, a scoop of blueberries, and whipped cream. Picture to follow.

If you are curious... Wikipedia says,
"[Sacrebleu] is no longer used in the major French-speaking countries France, Belgium or Switzerland, but in the English-speaking world, it is well known. . . Most French dictionaries state "sacrebleu" to be equivalent to "sacredieu".[1]A synonymous English phrase is "Dog Nabbit" (or other variations e.g. Dagnabbit, Dadgum) as the name of God is also substituted as the term bleu in the French curse."

3 comments:

  1. That is a FANTASTIC example of how outdated sacrebleu is :) So much more ridiculous than putain and merde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch your mouth, honeychil'!
    I think I've heard my Grandpa say 'dagnabbit'. I have no idea where I've heard 'sacrebleu' on the wild, but I think it was in cartoons. Probably Pépé le Pue--did you ever watch that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but Pepe LePew was a caricature of Maurice Chevalier, who was super cool, so he could add a "jumpin' jehosefat" and I'd be okay with it.

    ReplyDelete